I hope you enjoyed Lesson One Part Two of the Basic Bible Truths Series. So, each of these lessons also had questions associated with them and then some answers by my Grandpa Cecil the author. These questions help you to think through the lesson you’ve read and learned from to test your knowledge and also provide a tool for deeper reflection. I’ve added my own answer to any personal question asked, such as this lesson and question 8: How has this study helped you? Enjoy! Let me know what you learned and how this lesson has helped you!
Questions for Lesson 1, Part 2
- What other written or spoken revelations has God given besides the Bible?
- How did God speak to men before the Bible was written?
- How does God speak to men today?
- Who is the theme of God’s present revelation?
- How do we know that God is a righteous and just God?
- What Scripture passage tells us that the Bible is all a Christian needs to be fully fitted to do service for God?
- Would you feel better is you thought God was still giving more revelations than are in the Bible? Why?
Answers for Lesson 1, Part 2
- None now.
- Through prophets and different men.
- Through the Bible.
- Jesus Christ.
- Because Christ has been punished in our place.
- II Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- The fact that the Bible is our only revelation from God gives us a great guide post. We have a definitive word from God and it speaks to us about how Jesus Christ died for us which is the most important thing. It speaks of His plan for us and the perfect example of Father and leader. We can rest knowing that God has given us His word, His promises, His truth. Resources and teachers that point us to the Bible as truth can help us understand God’s word even more and it’s great to enjoy time as a family of Christ learning more about Him.
I hope you learned something new too and enjoyed this second lesson in the Basic Bible Truths Series. I pray that these lessons continue to encourage others and myself to spend time in God’s word.
Get Your Christ-Centered Life Workbook
Receive your workbook and updates on the Cord of Three Strands Blog. Topics include Bible study, mental and physical wellness.